All Easttown Democrats are invited to attend the Easttown Township Supervisors Meeting this Monday at 7PM. This is a wonderful opportunity to attend a township meeting from your home if you have never had the opportunity to attend one in person at the Township Building.
Here’s the specific information about the meeting and how to view it from you computer or phone.
EASTTOWN TOWNSHIP BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
NOTICE is hereby given that due to the health risks associated with COVID-19, the Easttown Township Board of Supervisors will be holding a regular business meeting on Monday, April 20, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. virtually using GoToWebinar conference software. This meeting will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. and is being conducted virtually as a result of Governor Tom Wolf’s “Stay at Home” Executive Order of April 01, 2020, as may be revised, extended or amended.
The meeting agenda and additional information on how to join the virtual meeting will be made available on Friday, April 17, 2020 on the Township website at http://www.easttown.org/. The public is invited to join this virtual meeting via computers, tablets, smartphones or telephones.
HOW TO JOIN THE VIRTUAL MEETING
Internet – To join the virtual meeting through the internet, cut and paste the following link: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/5852315971690350860 into your web browser and then complete the registration page to receive your log in directions.
App – To join the virtual meeting from the GoToWebinar App, download the free GoToWebinar App from the App Store of your computer, tablet or smartphone and join by typing the following Webinar ID: 976-148-987 and then complete the registration page to receive your log in directions.
Telephone – To join the virtual meeting from your telephone dial: +1 (213) 929-4232 and type in the following Access Code: 744-245-539# and then type another # when prompted.
VIRTUAL MEETING ITEMS TO NOTE
- The virtual meeting will be recorded.
- The virtual meeting room has a 500 virtual seat capacity. You will be able to join the virtual meeting until all 500 virtual seats are filled.
- Connecting to the virtual meeting and using a headset with built-in microphone will provide you with the best opportunity to hear what is being said and to be heard, should you speak during public comment opportunities.
- All attendees are automatically muted when joining the virtual meeting until such time as the attendee who joins through a computer, tablet or smartphone is recognized by the Board Chair during the public comment parts of the agenda. To make sure everyone participating in the virtual meeting can hear you, we encourage you to test your microphone prior to the start of the virtual meeting.
- To make sure everyone fully hears what each person says, we ask that you please wait to speak until after the other person stops speaking.
- Members of the public that join via the internet and GoToWebinar App will be able to hear and see members of the Board of Supervisors and Township Staff (when speaking).
- Members of the public that join only by telephone will only be able to hear the virtual meeting.
PUBLIC COMMENT PROCESS
- Public comment will be accepted and heard at designated points during the virtual meeting.
- To provide public comment during the virtual meeting, you will first need to join through a computer, tablet or smartphone. Once in the virtual meeting, you will need to click on the gray “Raise Hand” icon (on the right side by default) when you would like to make a comment. When activated it will turn green and look like this:
- Once you are recognized by the Board Chair, the virtual meeting organizer will activate your microphone and deactivate your raise hand icon. You then need to start by first stating your name and address before making your comment for all to hear. As is the case with in-person meetings, the Board Chair has the discretion over all public comments.
- During public comment, attendees are asked to exercise the same level of professionalism and respect as is required at in-person meetings.
- Members of the public who only join by telephone will not be able to provide public comment during the virtual meeting.