WHAT IS THE EASTTOWN DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE?
The Easttown Democratic Committee (EDC) is the official local Democratic organization for Easttown Township. We are an all-volunteer group of active, committed Democrats who live in Easttown Township. We are your neighbors and friends.
WHAT IS OUR MISSION?
- Recruit & support Democratic candidates for local, county, state & national office
- Work to have all Easttown Democrats vote in every primary and general election by:
- Promoting voter registration and absentee voting
- Distributing election information & canvass our Democratic neighbors during campaigns
- Staffing the polls in every precinct of the township
WHEN DO WE MEET?
We hold regular meetings on the third Thursday of each month at 7:30 PM in the Easttown Township Building at 566 Beaumont Road in Devon. The building is ADA-compliant and accessible for people with mobility issues. All registered Democrats are welcome to attend!
HOW IS THE EASTTOWN DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE ORGANIZED?
The Easttown Democratic Committee operates under it’s by-laws which can be read by clicking on this PDF link: By Laws Easttown Township Democratic Committee.
The Committee includes:
- Chairperson (often called a Zone Leader because Easttown is one of twenty zones in Chester County)
- Vice-Chairperson/Assistant Zone Leader
- Committee People – two elected per precinct so 14 in total. In addition, there can be up to 7 appointed “At Large” Committee People.
COMMITTEE PEOPLE – The role of a Democratic Committee Person is to be the Democratic neighborhood representative for each precinct. Those on the Committee have voting rights in local party policy decisions and internal elections, as well as voting rights within the Chester County Democratic Party for endorsing candidates, etc. Committee people’s responsibilities include:
- Get Out the Vote – Convince all Easttown Democrats to vote for Democrats in all primaries and general elections
- Attend Monthly Committee Meetings
- Identify and Encourage Potential Candidates to Run for School Board and Township Offices
- Staff the precinct polling places and work as “Greeters” for every primary and election
- Vote on electing Chester County Democratic Committee office
EASTTOWN COMMITTEE PEOPLE
If you have any questions about voting, volunteering, or running for office, please don’t hesitate to contact the Committee People from your precinct. If you’re unsure about your precinct number, enter your address into the Chester County precinct locator.
|Polling Location||Committee People||Email Contact Information|
575 Beaumont Road
116 Berwyn Paoli Road
720 1st Avenue
|Devon Elementary Cafeteria|
400 S. Fairfield
640 Berwyn Avenue
|St. John’s Presbyterian|
217 Berkeley Road
|Devon Elementary Gym|
400 S. Fairfield