Giving Tuesday is a global generosity movement unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and the world.
Giving Tuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. GivingTuesday was born and incubated at the 92nd Street Y and its Belfer Center for Innovation & Social Impact in New York City. GivingTuesday is now an independent nonprofit and a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
Whether it’s making someone smile, helping a neighbor or stranger out, showing up for an issue or people we care about, or giving some of what we have to those who need our help, every act of generosity counts, and everyone has something to give
Here is a list of some worthwhile Easttown, Chester County, Philadelphia and Pennsylvania organizations that you may want to contribute to:
EASTTOWN & TREDYFFRIN ORGANIZATIONS
- ARCH is a coalition of parents, educators, and community members committed to promoting the well-being of youth in Tredyffrin and Easttown Townships. We serve as a resource to families as they help their children form a positive self-image, make healthy choices, and reduce the use of alcohol, tobacco, and other drugs.
- BERWYN FIRE COMPANY provides fire, rescue and emergency medical services to Easttown and Tredyffrin residents.
- EASTTOWN LIBRARY serves the residents of Easttown Township to advance literacy, the love of reading and learning, and economic and cultural engagement through education and access to information.
- FLITE raises money to fund programs designed to ensure that TESD students with financial or environmental barriers have the tools and support they need to meet academic expectations.
- SURREY enables all of us, as we age, to live with independence and dignity, and as engaged members of the community.
- TREDYFFRIN & EASTTOWN CARE (T&E Care) maintains a network of people providing financial and other material assistance to persons in need in, and around, the Tredyffrin and Easttown township area.
CHESTER COUNTY ORGANIZATIONS
- CHESTER COUNTY FUND FOR WOMEN & GIRLS leads and unites the community through philanthropy and advocacy to ensure that women and girls have resources and opportunities to THRIVE.
- CHESTER COUNTY FOOD BANK is a central hunger relief organization serving more than 120 partner agencies in Chester County, PA. Through their network of food cupboards, hot meal sites, shelters and other social service organizations, they distribute over 3 million pounds to our neighbors with limited or uncertain access to adequate food.
- HOME OF THE SPARROW partners with women facing homelessness to secure housing, achieve long-term stability, and chart new paths for their futures.
LOCAL & PENNSYLVANIA ENVIRONMENTAL ORGANIZATIONS
- FRENCH & PICKERING CREEKS CONSERVATION TRUST is a community-based organization whose mission is to preserve, steward, and connect people to the land in northern Chester County.
- NATURAL LANDS saves open space, cares for nature, and connects people to the outdoors in eastern Pennsylvania and southern New Jersey. Nearly five million people live within five miles of lands under their permanent protection.
- PENN ENVIRONMENT works for clean air, clean water, clean energy, wildlife and open spaces, and a livable climate.
- PENN FUTURE is leading the transition to a clean energy economy in Pennsylvania and beyond.
- SIERRA CLUB SOUTHEASTERN PA is focused on the environmental issues facing the greater Philadelphia area. Our Sierra Club volunteers from Philadelphia, Delaware, Chester, Montgomery and Bucks counties are working together to maintain and improve the natural resources of the area and protect it for generations to come.
- WILLISTOWN CONSERVATION TRUST’s mission is to preserve and manage the open land, rural character, scenic, recreational, historic, agricultural and natural resources of the Willistown area and nearby communities, and to share these unique resources with people of all ages and backgrounds to inspire, educate and develop a lifelong commitment to the land and the natural world.
PHILADELPHIA & PENNSYLVANIA ORGANIZATIONS
- ACLU PENNSYLVANIA helps protect civil liberties in Pennsylvania and across the country.
- BLM PHILADELPHIA seeks to disrupt violence against Black people while elevating the experiences and leadership of our most marginalized. They work to build local Black power and a healing, joyful, liberatory movement through grassroots organizing, political education, youth development, and coalition building
- PHILADELPHIA BLACK GIVING CIRCLE aims to leverage collective resources from diverse donors to support non-profit organizations undertaking impactful work in the Black community.
- PLANNED PARENTHOOD PENNSYLVANIA works to achieve maximum public, governmental, and media support for reproductive health care, including family planning, by developing, implementing, and facilitating a statewide strategy.
- FAIR FIGHT promotes fair elections in Georgia and around the country, encourages voter participation in elections, and educates voters about elections and their voting rights.
- LGBTQ FUND pays bail to secure the liberty and safety of low-income individuals in U.S. jails and immigration facilities, with focus on LGBTQ individuals.
- NAACP is the largest and most pre-eminent civil rights organization in the nation.
- NARAL fights for access to abortion care, birth control, paid parental leave, and protections from pregnancy discrimination.
- TRANS JUSTICE FUNDING PROJECT is a community-led funding initiative founded in 2012 to support grassroots, trans justice groups run by and for trans people in the United States.
- UNION OF CONCERNED SCIENTISTS use science to address global problems and improve people’s lives.