UPDATED – NOVEMBER 22, 2020
Despite the obstacles of Covid-19 and learning how to vote-by-mail for the first time by most voters, 7,653 Easttown registered voters cast their ballots in record-breaking numbers for the November 2nd General Election.
Overall turnout was a remarkably high with 87% of all Easttown voters participating. The number of Easttown registered voters casting their ballot in the 2020 election increased by 1,145 voters (23%) compared to 2016. The major reasons for the increased turnout were probably due to the huge interest in the presidential election as well as over 52% of Easttown voters taking advantage of the convenience of voting by mail.
The majority of Easttown voters selected ALL DEMOCRATIC CANDIDATES.
- Joe Biden received 4,765 votes (62%) compared to 2,744 votes (36%)for Trump.
- Josh Shapiro (D) received 4,193 votes(57%) compared to 3,148 votes (43%) for Heather Heidelbaugh (R) in the PA Attorney General race.
- Joe Torsella (D) received 4,008 votes (55%) compared to 3,290 votes (45%) for Stacy Garrity (R) in the PA Treasurer race. Unfortunately, Torsella lost at the state level.
- Nina Ahmad (D) received 3,864 votes (53%) for 3,390 votes (47%) Timothy Defoor (R) in the PA Auditor General race. Unfortunately, Ahmad lost at the state level.
- Chrissy Houlahan (D) received 4,400 votes (58%) compared to 3,154 votes (42%) for John Emmons (R) in the US House of Representative race (6th District).
- Christine Howard (D) received 4,089 votes (55%) compared to 3,378 votes (45%) for Wendy Leland (R) in the PA State General Assembly Representative race (167th district) .
Attached are tables detailing the official 2020 General Election results updated with the final results as of November 22, 2020. Table 1 breaks out the data for the state, county and township while Table 2 breaks compares the 2020 and 2016 presidential races for Easttown Township.